Wine Appetizer: Crostini w/Prosciutto & Arugula
I love making simple but elegant appetizers, and I was excited when I came up with this crostini recipe with proscuitto, arugula, and shaved Parmesan! Crostini is an Italian appetizer consisting of mini slices of toasted baguette topped with olive oil, roasted garlic, bruschetta, or an infinite number of other toppings. I've found that the best recipes often use the simplest ingredients, and this one is no exception.
My crostini recipe with prosciutto and arugula is one of my favorite appetizers to make, whether it's for a quiet night at home or a get-together with friends. I love to whip it up for one of the Saturday night "appetizer dinners" that my boyfriend and I regularly share. Those dinners always center around a cheese board, and then we add a variety of finger foods and maybe a green or caprese salad, depending on our mood (see the 6 ingredients that make the perfect cheese board). I've also made this crostini recipe for friends and it was a hit! Pair it with a nice Cabernet or other bold red, and try it next time you have a party or other gathering and want to make something that's quick, elegant, and delicious.
Proscuitto & Arugula Crostini Recipe
3 oz. Parmesan, thinly shaved
4 oz. Prosciutto
2 handfuls arugula
3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
* amounts are approximate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Slice baguette on the bias into 1" wide pieces & place on cookie sheet
3. Brush or drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
4. Place thinly sliced Parmesan on each piece of bread
5. Sprinkle with black pepper
6. Bake until bread is lightly toasted & Parmesan starts to melt (about 10 minutes)
7. Move crostinis from the baking sheet to a pretty serving dish
8. Sprinkle arugula over the whole dish
9. Tear prosciutto into smaller pieces & set on top of each crostini to hold down the arugula
10. Drizzle more extra virgin olive oil over the dish (optional)
Pretty simple, right? Now you're ready to make this crostini recipe for your next gathering. One fun idea is to host your own wine tasting party at home! And of course, the perfect accessory for a wine tasting party is a piece of wine-themed jewelry like this adorable grape cluster necklace or these cute little grape earrings! Cheers!